SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND ALCOHOL POLICY
AAMI is required by the United States Department of Education to implement the provisions of the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989. Annually, AAMI distributes in writing, the following information concerning the possession, use or distribution of alcohol and illicit drugs at the school:
- AAMI’s policies on substance abuse and alcohol;
- College sanctions for violation of these policies;
- Criminal sanctions for the illegal possession or distribution of drugs and alcohol;
- Health risks of drugs and alcohol;
- Places where one can receive help concerning the illicit use and abuse of alcohol and drugs.