To apply for admission to American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service, the application must be completed in full (either online or printed in ink) and signed.
The applicant should check with the state in which he/she wishes to be licensed to ensure that he/she meets all state requirements.
The applicant should use the checklist below to ensure that all required AAMI items are included with the admissions application.
- Your official high school transcript or, in lieu thereof, evidence of high school
equivalency acceptable to the state licensing agency (submitted from the high school or other appropriate agency directly to the AAMI Admissions office) or other evidence of academic achievement such as a post-secondary transcript with at least nine credits, exclusive of developmental courses, and a 2.00 grade point average from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- An official transcript from each college where you have completed ANY college work (submitted from the college(s) directly to the AAMI Admissions office).
- A copy of your birth certificate. If your name has changed, a copy of the appropriate document verifying any change, such as a marriage license.
- A copy of your DD214 if you served in the military.
- New York State Immunization law has different requirements for campus and online students.
a. CAMPUS and HYBRID STUDENTS: A dated proof of your immunization against mumps, rubella and two (2) measles vaccinations or a Titre (Titer) test showing immunization must be submitted prior to the beginning of class. (NOTE: If you cannot afford immunizations from an attending physician, you may request them from your local public health department. If you do not comply with these immunization requirements and are not exempt for any of the subsequently stated reasons, AAMI will dismiss New York State residents after 30 days and out-of-state residents after 45 days as per New York State Department of Health regulations. Persons born prior to January 1, 1957 are exempt from the above stated immunization requirements. Persons may also be exempt if a physician certifies in writing that the immunizations may be detrimental to their health. Additionally, persons who hold genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to immunization may also be exempt after submitting a written statement to that effect.)
b. ONLINE STUDENTS: Immunization for two (2) measles, mumps and rubella is NOT required for those students who take the ENTIRE program ONLINE, including an exemption from the immunization requirement for the two-weeks an online student is in New York for the Capstone. However, AAMI recommends all students be immunized. (NOTE: Any student, including online students, may be excluded from campus, as determined by the Commissioner of Health, if they are not able to present the required certificate of immunization during any outbreaks of the diseases enumerated in PHL 2165).
- Sign and return the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response form.
- Sign and return the Campus Security Disclosure form with your application.
- Sign and return the Clinical Embalming Disclosure and Acceptance form with your application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee (check or money order payable to AAMI) must accompany the application.
- English Language Requirement. All applicants to AAMI whose first language is not English must submit an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). It can take up to three months to register, take an exam and receive official results. You are advised to register and take the test as soon as possible. Applicants must register for the TOEFL through Educational Testing Service (ETS). To get a schedule or to register for a test, please visit www.ets.org/toefl. Applicants who have attended a school where the primary language of instruction is English can have this requirement waived.
- Two forms of acceptable identification (ID) to prove residency. Click here for Acceptable Proofs of ID