ADMISSION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International students are persons in the United States who have a non-immigrant visa including an F-1 visa. Specific requirements must be met before being admitted to AAMI. No admission decision will be made until the AAMI admissions office receives all required documents.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
New international students will need to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility form I-20 to receive a student visa through the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their country. These documents indicate that all admission requirements have been met to enter AAMI and are issued through SEVIS, the Student Exchange Visitor Information System. The U.S. Consulate makes the final decision regarding whether students will be allowed to enter the United States to study.
International Students requesting admission and issuance of an I-20 must provide:
- A completed AAMI online application with payment of $50.00 (USD) processing fee for admission. Payment must be made before an I-20 will be issued.
- A recent copy of your bank statement with full amount of the program.
- A Financial Resource Statement verifying the ability of you or your sponsor to meet all educational living expenses for sixteen months while attending AAMI. This must be signed and sealed by a notary public or accompanied by a letter or bank statement dated within six months of the application. Financial support of approximately $18,000.00 (USD) is needed per year.
- Payment of $50.00 (USD) processing fee. This must be sent in the form of a bank draft or an international postal money order payable to AAMI in US currency. Payment must be made before an I-20 will be issued.
- Official transcript to include graduation from a secondary school and transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Photocopies may be accepted if they are properly notarized as true copies. Transcripts must be translated into English. AAMI issues an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility form to students who qualify for admission. Students present this form to the U.S. Consulate Office in the country where they are applying for a student (F-1) visa. The U.S. Consulate makes the final decision on admission to the United States for study.
- A completed New York State Department of Health Application for student trainee registration. The New York State Department of Health MANDATES that regardless of the state in which you wish to practice, you must register with its Department as a student trainee to participate in Clinical Embalming. A money order must be made payable to the New York State Department of Health in the amount of $50.00. (This fee is subject to change). All campus and online students MUST complete this process within 10 days of the start of your first semester. Failure to comply with this requirement WILL result in your suspension from all classes.
- Official evidence of English proficiency (if your native language is NOT English) by ONE of the following:
a. Official transcript from an accredited United States College or University showing successful completion (“C” or better grade) in a freshman level English composition course.
b. A score of 80 on the TOEFL test and a phone conversation between the applicant and the Director of Admissions of AAMI.
- Sign and return the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response form.
- Sign and return the Campus Security Disclosure form with your application.
- Sign and return the Clinical Embalming Disclosure and Acceptance form with your application.
Application deadline: Your admission application should be filed no later than 70 days before the opening date of classes to facilitate verification of all records and documents. A late fee of $75 will be charged for all late applications.
DEADLINES FOR NEW INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
All applications for Admission and supporting documents must be received NO LATER THAN 70 days prior to the first day of the semester.
If your paperwork is received after the deadline, we will process your application for the next semester.
Note: In accordance with Federal Regulations, we are only able to admit international students to our campus program requiring enrollment for 12 or more credits per semester.