Attendance Policy for Federal Financial Aid
To receive credit in an AAMI course, a student must attend at least 80% of all scheduled hours. In addition to AAMI’s standard attendance expectations, Federal regulations also require that students establish attendance or participation in their courses each term to be eligible for federal financial aid.
There are many ways to establish attendance. The following examples of academically related activities may constitute attendance in a course; however, this is not an exhaustive list of activities:
- Physically attending a class where there is an opportunity for direct interaction between the instructor and students;
- Submitting an academic assignment;
- Taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction; or
- Participating in an online discussion about academic matters.
The following list of activities do not qualify as activities where attendance can be established because they are not academic-related activities:
- Logging into an online class without active participation; or
- Participating in academic counseling or advisement.
For more information about the college’s broader attendance policy, see the Student Handbook.