REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
New international students will need to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility form I-20 to receive a student visa through the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their country. These documents indicate that all admission requirements have been met to enter AAMI and are issued through SEVIS, the Student Exchange Visitor Information System. The U.S. Consulate makes the final decision regarding whether students will be allowed to enter the United States to study.
International Students requesting admission and issuance of an I-20 must provide:
- A completed and signed AAMI application for admission.
- A completed International Student Information Form.
- A Financial Resource Statement verifying the ability of you or your sponsor to meet all educational living expenses for sixteen months while attending AAMI. This must be signed and sealed by a notary public or accompanied by a letter or bank statement dated within six months of the application. Financial support of approximately $14,000.00 (USD) is needed per year.
- Payment of $50.00 (USD) processing fee. This must be sent in the form of a bank draft or an international postal money order payable to AAMI in US currency. Payment must be made before an I-20 will be issued.
- Official transcript to include graduation from a secondary school and transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Photocopies may be accepted if they are properly notarized as true copies. Transcripts must be translated into English.
AAMI issues an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility form to students who qualify for admission. Students present this form to the U.S. Consulate Office in the country where they are applying for a student (F-1) visa. The U.S. Consulate makes the final decision on admission to the United States for study.
- Official evidence of English proficiency (if your native language is NOT English) by ONE of the following:
a. Official transcript from an accredited United States College or University showing successful completion (“C” or better grade) in a freshman level English composition course.
b. A score of 80 on the TOEFL test and a phone conversation between the applicant and the Director of Admissions of AAMI.
- Sign and return the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response form.
- Sign and return the Campus Security Disclosure form with your application.
- Sign and return the Clinical Embalming Disclosure and Acceptance form with your application.
Application deadline: Your admission application should be filed no later than 70 days before the opening date of classes to facilitate verification of all records and documents. A late fee of $75 will be charged for all late applications