AAMI uses Blackboard Learn (SaaS deployment) as their learning management system. To take online courses at AAMI you must have sufficient technology, Internet access, an email account.
What hardware, peripherals, software and applications should I have?
NOTE: Tablets, Tablet/Laptop Hybrid Devices, and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time. You may be able to use them successfully for reading lectures and assignments, but test-taking is not supported.
Please refer here for specific information about supported devices, operating systems, and browsers. From there, click on the BROWSER CHECKER link to find out what operating system and browser you are already using, and whether it is supported.
In addition, you must have:
- Microsoft Office 2007 (PC) or later, Office 2008 (MAC) or, at least, Microsoft WORD
- Adobe® Reader 9.0 or later
- Local administrative privileges (for required software installations) –
- It is strongly recommended that you have administrative rights to the computer you will use for AAMI online coursework. If you must use a computer over which you do not have administrative rights (such as a library computer or a workplace computer), you may experience difficulties with needed functions, such as installing plug-ins. Students using library or workplace computers will have limited support options due to access limitations on such networks. Check with your workplace IT department to ensure that you may access course materials from your company’s network.
- Anti-virus program (updated regularly)
- E-mail account
- Must be your own account, not shared with anyone else
- An email address that clearly identifies you is preferable
- Windows XP
- Windows, MacOS, and Linux systems not running a supported browser
- Internet Explorer versions 10 and lower which are no longer supported by Microsoft; Internet Explorer on mobile devices
- Firefox versions 30 and lower on desktop; all Firefox versions on mobile devices
- Chrome versions 35 and lower (version 34 and lower on mobile devices)
- Safari versions 5 and lower
- JRE 5 for Blackboard Learn Original user interfaces
PLEASE NOTE: Chromebooks are supported on Blackboard but NOT on the remote proctoring services we use (Remote Proctor Now or ProctorU). If you are using a Chromebook for Blackboard coursework, you will need to find another computer on which to take your final exams.