ONLINE COURSE WITHDRAWAL POLICY
Students should be aware that dropping or withdrawing from a course(s) may affect financial aid by reducing the number of credits below the minimum number of 6 credits for financial aid.
The time-frame in which you are allowed to drop a course(s) is based upon the number of course credits as listed below.
- 3 credit course may be dropped within the first 2 weeks
- 2 credit course may be dropped within the first 2 weeks
- 1 credit course may be dropped within the first week
Courses dropped by the deadline do not appear on the student’s transcript.
Dropping a course may affect Financial Aid. Please speak with your Academic Advisor or Financial Aid Officer.
Withdrawal From Online Course Without Penalty
The time frame for withdrawing from a course without penalty is as follows:
- 3 credit course may withdraw within the first 5 weeks
- 2 credit course may withdraw within the first 3 weeks
- 1 credit course may withdraw within the first 2 weeks
A “W” will be entered for the course on the student’s transcript and does not affect student’s grade point average.
During this period, approvals for withdrawal are not required; however, it is strongly recommended that students consult with their academic advisor prior to deciding to withdraw from a course.
Late Withdrawal From Online Course
- 3 credit course – beginning of 6th week to end of 10th week
- 2 credit course – beginning of 4th week to end of 6th week
- 1 credit course – beginning of 3rd week to end of 4th week
If, after the close of the withdrawal period outlined above, a student wishes to withdraw from a course or AAMI, he or she must provide documentation of extenuating circumstances to warrant a grade of W. Each situation will be evaluated individually.
For any withdrawal after the above time-frame, a grade of “F” will be entered on the student’s transcript.