AAMI is a not-for-profit educational institution that was founded in 1926.
The Funeral Service degree program and American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service are accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108 Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097. (816) 233-3747. Web: www.abfse.org
AUTHORIZATIONS, APPROVALS, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Chartered under the membership corporation law of the State of New York
- Authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to confer the degree of Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) HEGIS #5299.20.
- New York State Education Department Division of College & University Evaluations Office of Higher Education & the Professions Cultural Education Center . Room 5B28 Albany , New York 12230
- Funeral Service Program registered by the New York State Education Department
- Approved by the Department of Health New York State
- Approved by the New York State Education Department for the Training of Veterans
- Authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students
- Member-National Association of Colleges of Mortuary Science
- Member-Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
- Member-National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Member-American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Member-National Funeral Directors Association
- Member–Cremation Association of North America
- Member-WCET and the State Authorization Network (SAN)
A listing of all of the states in which AAMI is approved to offer online instruction is listed in the Online section.