In order to qualify for graduation, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of all required courses.
- An earned cumulative grade point average of a minimum of a 2.0.
- Satisfactory record of attendance (as described elsewhere on the website and the Student Handbook).
- All indebtedness to AAMI to be paid in full.
- Satisfactory compliance with regard to financial aid and/or student loans.
- Students receiving any form of Title IV federal financial aid must participate in an exit counseling session with the Financial Aid Officer.
- Successfully complete all requirements of the Clinical Embalming Program and be certified by the Clinical Embalming Instructor as minimally technically competent in embalming at the entry level.
- Attend and actively participate in the Comprehensive Review Course and the end of semester National Board Review.
- Take AAMI’s Comprehensive Examination and pass with a grade of 75.
Note: For students unfamiliar with computerized testing or who wish to experience the NBE testing format, AAMI strongly recommends that students take the Practice National Board Exam during their final semester at AAMI.
The graduation ceremony is held once a year in August.